Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sad to say goodbye


I'm a little sad to be saying goodbye to the prettiest October I can remember. The colors and the temperatures were just about as perfect as you could ask for. The only reason I can think of to not be sad for its departure is that if the weather was always like this I doubt I would appreciate it as much as I have this season. I suppose it is better to love and lose than never love at all. Or something like that. :)


I think this just might possibly be
The prettiest October I've ever seen.
The bright golden, orange, and red of the leaves
The brilliant sky and crisp fall breeze
Frosty mornings and warm afternoons
Chilly nights with a bright harvest moon
This time of the year is, by far, my favorite
An annual reminder that life, we should savor it.


No comments:

Post a Comment