Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quiet

So the other day I went out in the morning with my guys from Indonesia to find warm clothing for winter. Can I just say that I enjoy those guys so much!? They're so enthusiastic and funny. We shopped till I was ready to drop. I thought I was a good shopper, but they wore me out. I think I'm lucky that I mentor guys that like bargain shopping!

Anyway, I met them at 9 am and got home around 1:30 pm. I was so tired that I decided to try to take a nap before going to work in the evening. I crawled into bed and was quiet for a bit. I looked at the light coming through the window...it was golden and so pretty. I suddenly realized that there was a big lump in my throat and tears behind my eyes. I didn't expect that. I had a nice morning and had felt pretty good. I think I finally just got quiet and was surprised at myself for not feeling quite okay. I think I've been pushing a lot of things back and was still enough that they came up without me expecting it.

I haven't resolved anything. I am still trying to work through my busy schedule. I'm still trying to work through problems that have yet to be solved. But I think this weekend off was good for me. And oddly enough, I still worked 2 jobs and got up early to volunteer at church and will be helping host a Bible study tonight (I need to clean my living room!), but just not going to school and being in that environment was so refreshing for me. I needed it. And I didn't miss it at all, in fact it reinforced my realization that I'm ready for something new. I'm ready for new opportunities. I'm ready to make more time for other people and other interests. I'm ready for time to be quiet and relaxed and to get over some things.

Also, I'm ready for Thanksgiving break. Can I get an "amen?" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment