Monday, October 15, 2012

Privilege

Yesterday in our Bible study we were talking about the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy of Holies and how serious it was for people to enter into God's presence. Touching the Ark of the Covenant would mean death and if the Levite priest didn't follow the necessary sanctifying practices before entering the Holy of Holies to offer the sacrifices he would die.

It makes me think how privileged and blessed we are now to be able to know that the Spirit lives in us and we can talk to God at any time about anything. Also, it made me realize how much I take for granted the access and intimacy I can have with God. The Bible says we can approach the throne of grace with confidence and talk to God. I don't think I can even begin to grasp how big of a deal that is. But when I remember that in the Bible we know that entering into God's presence in an unholy manner would be the death of you, I start to get an idea of how serious and important this is! It's kind of shaming to me because in the past I know I have told God that I'm mad at Him, and "thrown out a fleece" when I've prayed. And even now I need to be more reverant and worshipful when I talk to Him. God has been so very gracious and patient and loving to me through all my errors.

I just cracked open a book on prayer and I'm excited for it. I have a hard time praying and I want to get better at that. Because a relationship with God is the greatest privilege in the world and I want to experience that to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment