Sunday, June 5, 2011

Remembering old times...

(this photo has nothing to do with this post...I just thought I'd put it in anyway.)

My final year of community college my brother and I tried to start a campus ministry at our school. We had the help of one other guy. Despite our efforts it never really got off the ground and by the end of the school year it pretty much disintegrated. We learned a lot and it was good that we tried. We met new people and had some wonderful conversations with people about God and Jesus.

One day when we had a meeting I remember one of the guys opening or closing in prayer and at one point he prayed, "Father, we ask that you please provide jobs and spouses for all," and I almost burst out laughing. I'd never heard anyone say something so matter-of-fact-ly and succinctly and we had never sat around and talked about wanting spouses (although a lot of us were seeking employment) so I wasn't quite sure where that came from.

But I guess all I have to say in response is "amen and amen." Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment