Friday, June 21, 2013

Last night at Chinese Church/English Bible study.



I am so grateful that I was able to make it to Chinese church one last time. I love it so much! I usually get asked at least once why I'm there since I am one of two only white people who go and I speak only a little bit of Chinese...but everyone there is so kind and welcoming. I'm just so grateful to have been a part of this group. They have meant so much to me! I feel the love. <3

In honor of the longest day of the year our English Bible study went to the highest spot in the county (conveniently located about 5 minutes from church) and had our study there where we could watch the sunset. Sitting on the rocks and reading scripture with my friends while watching the sunset was one of the sweetest times I've had so far this summer. It was such a breath of fresh air and it was so beautiful. I am so grateful for how beautiful it was tonight. It was one of those times that you realize that life is just so sweet.

Walking down the hill as it got darker we could see bats flying and the fireflies coming out...the sun was almost set and still a tiny bit colorful...we read from Job 38 and it was a beautiful reminder of God's sovereignty. I think it helped to ease my anxious mind with this upcoming move. That is also something to be grateful for!

I am moving away from one of the prettiest places I've ever lived. I'm grateful to have lived here for four years. Grateful for the experience, for my time at school, for my friends, for the church family I have here, for the quiet and restful parts of town, for tonight...

Yeah. I'm just grateful for all of it. I feel so blessed and lucky. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment