Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer smoothie

Allow me to be honest...I don't really like smoothies. It's the yogurt. As much as I want to be getting my probiotics in a fun and healthy way I just don't like yogurt (unless we are talking frozen yogurt, which is another story).

So this smoothie is my favorite because it has frozen strawberries, a room temperature banana, and some pulpy orange juice. I prefer not to use recipes, I just start adding and blending till I reach a consistency I like. It doesn't get watery because there is no ice in it. And it doesn't have icky protein powder or yogurt in it either so it's pretty much perfect for my picky palate. I've made it with blueberries, blackberries and strawberries too and omitted the banana which makes it much more icy.

One of my former classmates is a glass-blower and he gave me this cup in exchange for a mug that I made. It's quirky and has the colors of my alma mater which makes it a unique cup to own. And since I don't drink and haven't run my dishwasher in about a week (single living...I realize I just don't make that many dirty dishes!) today seemed like a good time to use this pretty cup. Cause when life is changing and seems so uncertain I like to be a little fancy. Somehow I think it makes me feel better.

In other news I am moving and need to pack everything up ASAP. Moving is not something I am new to as I have moved probably about eight times by now, but all that experience has taught me that no matter how well you think you have planned moving is never smooth or fun. Also this is the first time I am moving all by myself and am leaving the place that has been my home for the last four years. It's kinda sad. I'm trying to pack in between visits with friends that I don't know when I'll get to see again.

Alright. Enough stalling. I'm off to pack up my lonely house and make moving arrangements. So scary and hopeful all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment