Friday, August 24, 2012

Silver Linings

So for the sake of keeping things real, I'm going to say again (not to turn this space into an emotional dumping ground or anything) that I've been struggling a little bit lately. Feeling kinda down. Feeling discouraged and insecure. I saw this beautiful cloud and silver lining today and was just reminded that sometimes the silver lining to life's little clouds is that it is a chance to strengthen our faith, to obey Christ when we don't feel like it, and the knowledge that our trust and hope is in Him. We don't have the answers to our questions yet. We don't know the end of the story. We just know that whatever is behind our cloud is bright and glorious. It warms us and makes us grow. It is good.

Psalm 42:11
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

 Lamentations 3:21-22
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

 Romans 8:24
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?

 Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment