Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Encouragement


I was having a really bad day awhile ago. One of those days where struggles you thought you had left so far behind you somehow managed to catch up with you when you weren't expecting it. One of those days that makes you feel like no one takes you seriously. One of those days where you feel really alone. One of those days when you just don't like yourself.

On that bad day where I felt all those negative things I was shown that I have a great gift. I have a friend. A friend who listened to me as I poured out my heart about things that were causing me trouble. Big things, silly things...she didn't make fun of it. She didn't scold me for it. She spoke truth to me. She told me God was in control and to try not to worry so much. And then later I received a little note from her with some very encouraging words in it. It was so sweet and it encouraged me.

And I was reminded that God has placed dear people in my life who He uses to pour out His love on me. People who remind me that there is something greater at play in this life than what we see with our eyes. I was reminded that a kind word can do so much for a troubled heart. And I was reminded not to let "grown-up" worries keep me from enjoying simple, lovely parts of life.

So thank you, family and friends who take time to listen, care, and encourage. Thank you for not telling me what I want to hear, but what I need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment