Saturday, August 4, 2012

...

Lately I've been struggling a bit. When I'm sad, or stressed or just unhappy I typically get very silly. I'm more of a laugh-than-cry kind of person. I really hate crying. Recently I've been struggling with some things. Sometimes I feel like I'm so tired in every way possible that I just have nothing left of myself to give. No more patience, no more sympathy, no more compassion...I'm just trying to keep myself afloat. Sometimes I feel a bit like I'm a go-to girl. If someone needs something they will sometimes come to me. That's good, but lately I am feeling like I have nothing left to offer anyone. It's not that I don't want to help, or that I don't like or love them, but I sometimes just can't be useful.

I feel bad for being that way. I don't want to be so self-centered. Everyone is going through something hard. Everyone can use an encouraging word and a smile. Or a hug. Or a prayer. Or all of it. Sometimes I can use that too.

So I want to write down, for the record, that to all the people that I've been unable to be a good friend to lately, I'm really sorry. And to all the people who have put up with me and been a good friend to me in spite of my sarcastic humor, frustrated moments and more, thank you. You have shown Christ's love, patience and compassion to me and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment