Thursday, August 30, 2012

shelter

I love this tree outside the studio. I love sitting under it. It acts like a canopy and shields you from the sun and also provides a nice breeze. The weather has been so pretty lately and I am trying to make it a point to take time out of the day to go outside and enjoy these last warm days before fall comes. Today I sat out under that tree and thought for awhile. I thought about my current circumstance. I thought about my future. I thought about happy things and sad things. I thought about prayers that have been answered and about prayers that have yet to be answered. I talked to God about it all. The good, the sad and the things I don't understand. I came away with no conclusions...just the same state of watching and waiting to see how life will play out. And the knowledge that in the midst of the unknowns and the misunderstandings I am loved. We are all loved. That truth holds me together. It was a nice little rest. A calm, peaceful discontent. A welcome time-out in my busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment