Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Missing the studio.

 Lately I am wishing so much to throw on a dress, run to the studio, sit at a wheel and make pots. And drink tea. I've tried some hand building here at home and it is difficult! As tiring and stressful as the studio can sometimes be, it is so easy to be there. I love it. I love being able to go there and work. It is nice to wear a little clay each day. It gets everywhere (which is why it is hard to work with it in my apartment). I drink a lot of tea at the studio. I rarely take the time to make tea at home. I should though. It's comforting to drink tea.

I made a new book. I liked it. I gave it away without photographing it. You'll have to take my word for it that it was cute. I've cut pages for two new ones and I bought some new glue that will hopefully be better than what I have been using. I also bought some leather scraps to try to use in place of book cloth. It should be fun to experiment with.

I am caught in such a funky rut these days. I'm trying to remember God's truth and be grateful, but it is still a struggle sometimes. It makes me want to spend every day by myself making books in bed while listening to Adele, which is not only impractical but unhealthy as well. Despite my anti-social feelings of late I have had the opportunity this weekend to visit with several friends, old and new, which was so fun and encouraging. Life is so good and so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment