Sunday, July 15, 2012

Important Decisions

Maybe one of the most important decisions we make is not merely where to go to school, what job to have, which person to marry, where to live...etc. Maybe one of the most important decisions we can make is to be joyful and happy in the here and now with whatever God has given us. When during all those little moments of life we practice being who we want to be by gratefully receiving what life gives us; the sweet, the hard and the confusing situations we frequently find ourselves in.

We define ourselves and our lives through big life events. For example, through our significant other, job, education, etc. It is more likely that the daily, monotonous events define who we are. How do we deal with a disgruntled friend, or child? How do we get through a day when we woke up on the wrong side of the bed? We grumble about not being in control of our lives, but we do control how we react to a situation we are given. So I want to choose to be grateful, joyful and hopeful in this life that God has given me. I want to  be patient to see how things play out in the long run. I want to trust that God truly does work all things together for my good. I just don't want to look back and wish that I had chosen to enjoy more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment