Thursday, July 7, 2011

Some more thoughts.


The past couple of years since going to college I've been attending a church near my university. It has been such a blessing to me! I have learned a lot and been very encouraged there. I have had the opportunity to start volunteering with the kids and as a greeter some Sundays and it has been so good to be around families and folks who are finished with college, etc. While college is great it seems like almost everyone you are around is your age and in a very similar situation as you are so it's really great to be around people of all ages and stages in life. It seems more normal and more like a family environment to me.
Anyway I remember one service our pastor was talking about how Jesus used parables about nature to explain so many lessons to his disciples and the crowds he was teaching and the more I
thought about it I thought how neat it was that things in nature can be used to so naturally and perfectly explain our relationship with Christ, etc. And then I was reminded of this passage of scripture:

Psalm 19:1-4a
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.

I realized that of course nature explains things perfectly...it belongs to God. He made it. Although I've heard that passage before and I have been told that creation points back to God it clicked a little more with me then. And it was so neat...just thinking about it made me really happy. So I thought I'd share it here. :)

On that same thought this goes along with the post perfectly and also makes me happy. :)

Phil Keaggy wrote a song called Shouts of Joy and the opening verse goes like this:

All creation shows the glory of the Lord.
The earth proclaims His handiwork,
The sky cries out His word.
Night and day sing out,
the glories all about,
So raise your voice with shouts of joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment