Thursday, May 17, 2012

New dream...

I went somewhere very pretty today! A friend and I went to visit a local nursery (the plant kind) and I saw some BEAUTIFUL plants! My friend is a bit garden savvy and had plans to grow her own vegetables and herbs. I'm not much of a green thumb (I'm not one at all actually) but I kind of fell in love with their succulents. My great-grandmother grew them and at one point gave some to my mom. They are resilient little plants and I was surprised at how pretty I now think they are.




 This little guy came home with me! He's so puffy and cute.

My friend and I agreed that we think plants are therapeutic. From what she told me the nursery didn't have as many plants as they usually do, so we'll have to go back another time when they have more plants in stock.  Even with the more limited amount of plants I loved seeing the variety and beauty that was there. All I could think (especially after we'd found the curry plant...so awesome!) was how amazing God is to create such diverse, beautiful, healthy plants. In one place there were so many different colors, textures, and scents. It was so fun to wander around and smell the plants and see how pretty they were. Stuff like this is such a gift!

The nursery also had lots of beautiful vegetables, flowers and herbs. And even a disappearing peacock! They had a curry plant that smelled so wonderful! And lavender plants that smelled 10 times better than any essential lavender oil I've smelled. If I knew how to care for those plants I would have bought a whole bunch of them, but I am afraid I would kill them. So I think I'm going to start researching herb gardens and succulents and start my own little garden. I'm thinking a little balcony garden with lavender, mint, lemon balm, curry (it smelled SO good!) and succulents growing would be so nice. I could make little ceramic pots for all of them to live in!

It's the perfect idea! New dream: herb and succulent garden on my balcony. It's going to happen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment