Friday, May 18, 2012

a love letter. of sorts.

May 18, 2012

Dear sweetheart,

I'm doing the classic "cliche Christian girl thing" and writing a love letter to a person I don't know yet. AND posting it on the internet (<<insert horrified gasp>> I would write this down on paper and save it, but I lose things all the time and this way I at least know where this letter is.)! The fact is I really want to write a love letter to someone. Preferably to someone I know, but since I'm single as all get out I'm writing one to the future. Even though I'm single I am still pretty happy. I think God is teaching me something similar to what Paul wrote when he said he had learned to be happy with much or with little and in all other situations. Not that I've reached that point, but I am rather content to be here at this point in my life. God has been very good to me and is blessing and spoiling me. :) However, my dream has always been to be married and have a family and so I am eagerly anticipating meeting you.

I'm not going to sit here and write that I love you and think you're adorable and all that sort of thing, because I don't know you yet. I wish I could write a letter saying exactly what it is about you that I love and appreciate, but I haven't had the chance to learn what those things are yet. So I will say that I can't wait to get to know you. To find out the things that you like; the things that make you unique and special. To have memories of us doing fun things together, and to have little inside jokes that just we understand. I am looking forward to the conversations that we will someday have. I can't wait to catch a glimpse of the world through your eyes and hear your perspective on things. I am looking forward to sharing the things I love to do and the people that I love with you and experiencing the things you like to do and meeting the people that you love as well. I can't wait to be your best friend, your cheer leader, your confidante, your sweetheart and everything else. I can't wait to love you.

I hope that right now you are loved and cared for. I hope that you're happy and full of joy. I hope that you know that God loves you. I hope you're living your life to the fullest and learning new things about God and life and yourself and that you are chasing the things you want for your life. Any time you're ready I'll jump in and join you.

Until that time when I meet you and know who you are I'll keep doing what I'm doing. But I'll be praying for you dear. And I promise that once I know who you are I'll write you a real love letter on paper and hand it to you in person. I won't post anymore letters online. :)

Yours truly,
Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment