Monday, May 14, 2012

I may be biased...

but I think I live in one of the prettiest places. :) For a state that catches a lot of flack it is so beautiful. The other day I went to Barnes & Noble and Target just because I felt like getting out of the house. It was rainy and gray, but looking around the area the shopping complex is located in I was struck by how beautiful it is. Most of the time when you go to a shopping center you are in an urban place. I love that when I go to the store I still see big open spaces and fields and mountains. Sometimes there are even deer out in the fields by the Walmart.

Before the semester ended I walked up to the President's house with a friend and viewed the city from the over look. From such a quiet spot you can look down the mountain and see all the traffic and lights from the city and the surrounding area. It was beautiful. I love feeling that in this mountainous, rural state you find pockets of "civilization" that are little energy hubs. There is so much life and so much action happening and it's all set in this serene, beautiful place. And I can see both at the same time.

Yes, I love my town and I love this state. I'm glad I get to call it home for awhile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment