Monday, April 9, 2012

Things that make me happy...

  • the fact that my car no longer makes grinding noises when I use my brakes. Plus that fact that in the 5 years that we've owned this car this is the first time we've made any repairs to it. It's been a dependable little friend.
  • Hearing updates and seeing photos of my new nephew. I'm excited to meet him.
  • Listening to Diana Ross and the Supremes. I just love them lately. And Adele. Even though both are slightly sad, they're just so good.
  • Sleep. Gosh I love sleep.
  • Blue skies.
  • Ceramics.
  • The satisfaction that comes from slowly crossing things off your to-do list.
  • wearing dresses.
  • holding babies.
  • Having Easter dinner with my classmates since we were almost all spending the holiday apart from our families. It's nice to have that friendship and community. It was also the most nontraditional Easter dinner I've ever had. It was Indian curry, Mexican dip, Asian cabbage salad, hard-boiled eggs and two different types of tea. It was also a chance to hear others' memories about family holidays, life experiences and also to chat. It was an experience to remember. How did I get so lucky to have such interesting, fun people in my life? I was also invited by a few friends from church to have dinner with them and I felt so touched to have that community as well. It's wonderful to have Christian family who bring you into their lives and make you part of their family too. College has been great in that way. I'm surprised and touched by how welcoming and loving God's family is and I'm grateful for them. I'm realizing more and more how important it is to have fellowship and close friendships with my Christian brothers and sisters. The encouragement and support we can offer each other is priceless and the love and bond we share is priceless too.

No comments:

Post a Comment