Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy New Year...

It's September 23, 2012! A whole year has passed since September 23, 2011. What significance does this date hold? None for me really, except that the only difference between January 1st and any other day of the year is that January 1st is the one we Americans acknowledge as the beginning of a new year. But when the world was made it's not like we were operating on this calendar so any day marks the beginning of a new time period. A new chance. A reason to celebrate. A reason to make resolutions.

In honor of this new year I am resolving to do...better. To be hopeful. To be positive. To learn to say "no" when I need to. This life is weighing me down so much lately, but I was reminded in church today that Christ said, "my burden is easy, my yoke is light." A few years ago another friend said that Christ doesn't empty us; He fills us up. I'm going to try to focus more on the positive things in my life right now and look hopefully toward the future.

So Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment