Friday, December 19, 2014

Something sick

Maybe it's hormones... I think that's the default for blame when you feel emotional. Lately I have felt what I can only describe as homesickness only I'm not sure for what. I feel as though I miss something or someone but can't quite identity who or what. Maybe it's just an idea that I'm pining over.  It's almost maddening sometimes when you try to be content and find that you just aren't. It's hard to tell if it's a good longing or just ingratitude...or maybe the surprise of feelings you thought were put to rest waking back up suddenly. Whatever it is it's very difficult to try to cure something when you don't know what is wrong.

If we find ourselves with the desire nothing in this world can satisfy the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world. 
--CS Lewis

On another note I'm pretty sure Lewis has a thought for every occasion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment