Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bob and Joan

So I work at a coffee shop as a baker. It's fun. The hours are reeeally early, which can be a challenge, but it's been working out for about 6 months now. It's nice to start your day off making things and watching people come buy them. The maker in me finds that to be very satisfying.

Another satisfying part of my job is the interaction I get to have with my co-workers and customers. Every Tuesday there are a bunch of groups who come in regularly for Bible studies, hanging out, and to work on homework or just work in general. I have enjoyed getting to see the same crowd every Tuesday and learn peoples' names and a bit about them. It's one of the things I love about working in a coffee shop and about living in a small town.

There is one couple in particular that I enjoy very much! They welcomed me in as soon as I started and always say hello when they come in on days that I'm working. Their names are Bob and Joan and they're the cutest couple. They talk to everyone there, or rather, I think most people make it a point to stop at their table to say hi...they attract people because they're so very friendly! It's beautiful to see the community amongst our regular customers. Especially the Tuesday crowd. When they leave Bob frequently tells me, "don't work too hard...but work hard enough so that you're here the next time I come in." Once he added, "We'd miss you if you weren't here."

And that's enough to pretty much make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment