Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Attempting to adventure!


 I mentioned that one of my goals this year is to play more and have adventures! The day after my birthday one of my very dear friends helped me start the year of right by going with me on an exploration! We picked a nearby place on the map and went out to explore it.
In the end, it was a very typical western Michigan adventure....we found a park and explored it. Western Michigan is no West Virginia! I definitely traded "wild and wonderful" West Virginia for "pure" Michigan! It's very tame. No mountains, caves, waterfalls, valleys, or scenic overlooks here. I'm told that to see those things I need to go north and maybe into the Upper Peninsula. But for what we have it's still a beautiful place. I even managed to find a funny tree to climb. Ahhh! I just am aching to do something exciting and different! I want to go see something that makes me say, "wow!" I knew to appreciate the beautiful landscapes while I had them, but I had no idea how much I would miss them when I left!

All in all, quiet and tame experience that it was, it was so refreshing and rejuvenating to be outside and enjoying the company of a friend. We found some pretty sights and saw some beautiful swans. I'm so blessed in relationships! Having gal pals to share life and your heart with is a gift and God has given me many of those friendships for which I'm very grateful!

I am still keeping my eye out for opportunities to have an adventure though! Wish me luck...send me suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment