Wednesday, November 5, 2014

26


 Another year older...I kind of had a hard time with this one. I am sometimes prone to the birthday blues. Perhaps it's ingratitude, but it's also partly a feeling that I didn't accomplish enough or do enough and time is ticking away.

This year I have some actual goals. I know I posted a list of goals a month or so ago, but since then I've simplified it. Now my goal is that by the time I turn 27 I want to have turned ceramics/art into at least a part-time job that I can count on to support myself. My other goal is to have more adventures and more fun. I know 26 isn't old, but I feel like I've lost my ability to play. And I also feel like I spend most of my time working. While I like my work I feel a bit dull and I'm constantly tired which doesn't really make me feel young. I'm hoping that this year I will try new things and play and have fun in addition to working really hard! :)

I'd say I got off to a good start! While my actual birthday (Saturday) was perfectly quiet and slow I had a busy and fun Sunday! I went exploring at a new-to-me park with a friend and later my sister and brother-in-law hosted a surprise birthday party for me. I was so touched! It was incredibly fun and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard! There was even a pinata which I've never had the experience of trying to break before. Every detail was so thoughtful and sweet. It really helped me to start the year off feeling loved and optimistic (and still young! Yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment