Sunday, November 17, 2013

At age 25.

Like most girls, I'm a little camera shy. I'm not very photogenic and I have my fair share of insecurities too. But I've been thinking lately that I want to document how I look now. I like seeing photos of my mom when she was around my age. I think I look like her in some ways. It's fun to see resemblances. I hope someday I'll have kids of my own and I'd like to have some memory of how I looked at this time to see if they resemble me too at this same age.

On another note, I have extreme bed head in this photo. I've had a love-hate relationship with my hair for a long time. It will never be elegant, obedient, or stylish. It doesn't curl consistently all over my head and sometimes if the weather is right it defies gravity. It has always seemed unmanageable to me and I don't wear it down often because it gets so gnarly. Somehow, I like my hair best when I first get up. I usually wash it at night so the next day it usually is a little crazy. But I like it best that way. Because it's being what it wants to be...it's natural and messy and authentic. It feels like me when it's like that. And it's also usually socially unacceptable to wear it out the door that way. But every once in a while I get up and look at it and think, "I don't think it's going to get much neater than this" and I let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment