Saturday, August 24, 2013

I have quite a few photos of myself with Olive when she was a baby, but not as many with Silas. My sister took this one and I stole it to post here (so photo credit goes to her). I think it's funny to see how they are such different people. His personality is a more low-key than hers is, but both still have big personalities and a lot of presence. It will be fun to add baby #3 to the mix and get to know a whole new person and see a new personality develop. I love these kids, but beyond that I like them. A lot.

After a tiring day at work we went to the lake and sat on the beach. It was perfect. I'm not much of a water person, but I am a sit-on-a-blanket-on-the-shore person and today's weather was perfect for resting outside, people watching, and visiting with my family and our friend who is in town. I am afraid though that I was not such good company today. In addition to normal tiredness after working I also woke up this morning feeling a bit under the weather and was very fatigued today. I am afraid I was feeling a bit blue.

But I left feeling much better. There was something so comforting about being outdoors. The experience of listening to the water, noticing the way the wind and sun felt on my skin, squinting because the light was so bright today, feeling that shock when my feet touched the freezing water in Lake Michigan....it made me grateful to be alive. Also, listening to Olive play, holding cuddly Silas in my lap, and talking to family made me grateful to be connected to the people in my life. It was one of those lovely moments where instead of wishing for the past and worrying about the future I just got to enjoy the blessings of the moment and was reminded of the fact that this life is such a lovely and miraculous gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment