Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Resting

Slides of my work from the second half of the semester. Usually I use lots of color. These pots were mainly brown. I do like the black carbon trapping that happened on these though. The surface was kind of fun. I am still trying to figure out my surfaces and would like to have more pattern and color, but at least atmospheric firings provide a completed look.

Anywho, enough ceramic technical conversation. I am finished and have been catching up on a lot of lost sleep from the past three weeks.

Seriously. I think I've spent my days mostly sleeping. I feel a little guilty for not being productive, but mostly I'm just grateful for a chance to really rest. The only things keeping me from sleeping are my job and visits with friends. I'm an all-around-super-blessed gal. I was able to pick up a few extra hours at work this week and last week, which is great since I'll miss a week of work when I go see my family. And I am sneaking in a few last minute visits with friends who have graduated and are moving off to Texas and China. Two of my favorite places on earth, in fact! It does a tiny number on your heart to say goodbye to people you care about. But it's nice to know that your sadness is caused by the fact that you have such good memories with special people that God put in your life. 

Also, to follow up with my last post about me gushing on how much I love my classmates, I think it only fair to say that I have been blessed with such incredible people in my life. Not just my classmates. They are truly wonderful, but so are the other folks in my life. In the past week I can't say how much the precious people in my life have encouraged me. Classmates, friends, family...I doubt I'll ever be a financially wealthy person, but I am SO very wealthy in my relationships. 

Dear friends, classmates, co-workers, and family,

You make this life so interesting, so fun, so beautiful. Thanks for sharpening me. I love you all!

Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment