Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Post-Election thoughts

It's 1 am, November 7. The only thing I'm grateful for is that the election is over. I believe God is in complete control of who takes and leaves office and as a result I should not put more stock in my governing leaders than I do His plans.  I didn't care for either Mitt Romney or Obama and feel that my life will continue relatively the same as it has up till now. But I have to say, I'm so sick of reading peoples' Facebook statuses about the victories in seeing same-sex marriage becoming legal in some states. Or their joy in seeing the legalization of small doses of marijuana. Worst of all their joy over saving women's right to choose abortion. Hurray for the loss of self-control and  lack of discipline, for the promotion of selfishness, and murder. I will never celebrate a platform that stands behind the murder of babies. Not only stands behind, but celebrates it.

In short, I'm less sad about Obama winning than I am about what my peers see as victories. It's very telling of our country's spiritual climate. And rather than post about it on Facebook I will just put up a little blurb about it here.

Remembering John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will face trouble. But fear not. I have overcome the world."

1 comment:

  1. i feel the same way. i could never celebrate a man who suports, not only abortion, but infanticide as well.

    ReplyDelete