Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Counting down...

I can't believe school starts in a little less than 2 weeks! Tomorrow I go into the studio for my last workday to finish some glazing. I really hope I'll be able to get my pots fired before I leave to go back to school. My parents are celebrating their 26th wedding anniversary this Thursday and my younger sister has her high school graduation the same day. It's all coming up quickly.

Endings make me anxious. The end of a semester or the end of a summer or a school break each signal the end of a season that I'm at least familiar with whether it is comfortable and happy or not. The unknown makes me stress. It makes me emotional too. My family has to put up with me during this transition time again. They should be sainted.

I know endings mean a new beginning is on its way. Deep inside I want change, but I always fight it too. Ideally I would like to go through life without a care in the world because I know God goes before me and makes a path for me. But I haven't come that far in my walk with Christ yet so I'll continue to fight the insecurities and doubts and fears that come from all the potential awkward scenarios I might find myself in with this new school year.

I guess I could be optimistic and focus on all the good opportunities that show themselves each year. I could focus on what I know is true and that is that God loves me and has a plan for my life.

Why is it so much easier sometimes to dwell on the worrisome and negative things than to dwell in the shelter of the Most High?

On the bright side, while it is supposed to be in the upper 90s here for the next 10 days it's supposed to be in the mid 70s to low 80s at school. So that will be nice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment