Sunday, May 29, 2011

A little sumthin' sumthin'

One of the things I found inspiring in China was how much my classmates would draw and paint. Some of their sketchbooks were works of art in and of themselves! They painted pictures of things and then would paint them on their pots or incorporate some theme from their drawings into their pots. I'm learning how important it is to draw and sketch your ideas. And how fun it is too.
I've been having fun messing around with this bird idea and have put it on a few cups. I've never been good at drawing so it's been good to play around and sketch ideas and pictures since I don't have access to clay right now. I want to develop my drawing skills and hopefully that will translate into better decorated pots and perhaps some fun little drawings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment