Saturday, September 29, 2012

Feelings for Fall

Dear Fall,

I don't know what it is about you. How is it that when you roll around I feel that there are new beginnings, possibilities, and opportunities everywhere all the while you are busy quietly putting the world to sleep before winter comes? There is something about your feeling, your scent, your color that has me dreaming of all things domestic and homey. I want to wrap up in sweaters and scarves and make warm things...you are like a hug in that way. You stimulate my senses so wonderfully with your sights, smells, and feelings. You are so complex in your warm colors and cool weather; your lively breezes with swirling leaves and your quiet act of putting nature to sleep. You make such a show of the way you slowly disintegrate into winter. You are a reminder to me to take all things as they come...beauty, aging, loss of beauty, darker days, and lonely chilling temperatures...and accept it, acknowledge its beauty at every stage and let it go. In that way you do prepare us for new beginnings...new possibilities...new opportunities. It's learning to appreciate while simultaneously letting go.

I'm glad you are back.
Love,
Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment